svētdiena, 2016. gada 20. marts

as if you weren't before

I feel lost in my own mind
I'm so messed up
paralysed
I forgot how it is to be fine

even if there's time for us
it's never enough
it will never be
so I'll set you free
I'll let you go
calmly
but boy
I'll still love you
endlessly

I'll be there for you
always
and forever
if you just let me be

love is a piece of a shit
it messes up your mind
so much you don’t even recognise it

love kills
it doesn't break your bones
it crushes you inside
so hard you forget how it is to breathe

I guess I only needed the right words,
some thoughts from you
so that hope would grow
and it did
I fell for you
I really did

Is it over yet?
-I don't know
Will it happen again?
-Definitely not

so I'm just gonna go
it's fine.
'though
I'll still write about you
make songs about us two
I know
it isn't the smartest thing to do
but somehow I need to get over you

someday I will
it's just a matter of time
we both know it heals
we used to go through this
maybe I'll find someone new
just like you did
and perhaps be happy too
perhaps I'll love him more
as if you weren't here before


Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru